So I did it again- I can’t get on the consistent blogging train to save my life! Well, admittedly, I have been very busy, which is ALWAYS a good thing, right! !
Prior to the pregnancy, if someone asked me if I wanted chips or chocolate, I would, without a doubt, take the chips and run! I am not a chocolate fan ::gasp:: I know… every woman reading this just had her mind blown. No, not a chocolate fan. Brownies, sure, but straight up chocolate? No thank you. I loved it around the holidays in the office when chocolates were being dropped off by the truckload, and I was just fine saying “No thank you.” Sweets were the only terrible thing I could resist. Until now…
My Pregnancy Food Cravings
No weird stuff, no pickles and ice cream, no asparagus in a jar. Just anything that will rot my teeth and add 15 pounds straight to my @$$. Baby E’s got a sweet tooth. So below is a list of what I am eating, what I am substituting when I can, and what I would DIE to eat!
What I’m eating:
- Cereal- I try to stick with the healthier brands. You know, the ones high and fiber and protein. The name of the game is How Long Can We Last Until We’re Hungry Again?
- Cupcakes! Cupcakes! Cupcakes!
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread- I used to eat this all the time as a kid
- Peanut butter toast or peanut butter and crackers or peanut butter…
- Desserts of all shapes and sizes
- Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches- keep reading, and I will give you the recipe of the amazing, not so terrible for you, homemade version!
- Did I say cupcakes, yet???
What I’m subbing when I all I want is bullet point #3 above:
- Fiji Apples- my new fave. I’ve always been a granny smith girl, until I ate one of these puppies- juicy, sweet, and slightly tart. Delish!
- Cuties- those little easy peel mandarin oranges
- Grapes- at one point I was eating grapes, until I got 1 bad batch, then it was over.
What I would DIE to eat (courtesy of my Pinterest board):
Thin Mint Fudge Brownies
Key Lime Poke Cake
And one more, because I am literally drooling…
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Ok, enough. I can’t take it any more!!!
Oh, but you do want that recipe for homemade ice cream sandwiches, right? Well, this one is easy, and as healthy as an ice cream sandwich can be…
What you need:
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Fat Free CoolWhip (I used the Publix Brand)
- 1 pkg Fat Free/ Sugar Free Vanilla Instant Pudding
After the cool whip is defrosted, mix about 1/3 of the dry pudding into the Cool Whip and dollop a tablespoon onto a half a graham cracker. Put the other half of the graham cracker on top, and seal it in a plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 4 hours, if not more.
You can guess what to do from here, right? Eat it!
Well, clearly, I am not a food photographer, but trust me, it tastes better than it looks!
Now I’m going to raid my pantry. What else can I make???
PS I made those “cookies” or “cakes” in a coffee mug, and it is NOT the same. Don’t say I didn’t warn you- you can’t make a cake for one in a coffee mug. Don’t be fooled!