It’s sweater weather, and I LOVE it! Sweaters are a great look for your photo session too, as it not only can make you look super cuddly and adorbs, but can also hide any “insulation” you may have gathered over the holidays 😉
What to Wear: Holiday Edition- Sweaters
So, today, I am sharing a few ways to wear those sweaters to get the most out of your winter photo session:
1. Layered. Layer your over-sized sweater on top of a button up shirt, and a pair of pearls or a scarf for a buttoned up, sophisticated look.
For your session, pair it with a textured skirt (like a tweed), or a pair of skinny jeans with riding boots. Super classic, but ultra fashion.
2. Wear it as a poncho. This is a nice clean, classy look, and I LOVE Camel in photos. A little Breakfast at Tiffany’s kind of class, no?
For your session, pair it with some skinny jeans and a tight shirt underneath, to help show your figure a little more. Plus I am loving the glasses with the bun. So classic!
3. Crop it. Whether you want to get all classy with silk blouse underneath, or grunge out with some boyfriend jeans and a beanie, crop tops are all the rage again, and if you want to know how to rock it, take note: Be modest. It’s not to be paired with hip hugging pants. Keep the waist high on the pants, or pair it with an extra long button up. If it’s going to show skin, it should be just a sliver.
For your session, I think crops look great with heels. Pointy toed heels to be specific.
4. Wear it as a dress. A little note about me- I LOVE sweater dresses. I would wear them all year long if I didn’t live in Florida. It’s like wearing a nightgown, but you look good, and fashionable. When wearing it as a dress, the biggest decision is what type of shoe to pair it with. Flat boots? Heels? Heeled boots? I think the shoes are what set the tone for the entire outfit, so choose wisely. Feeling casual? Snazzy? Sexy? You choose!
For your session, you should accessorize it with a chunky scarf and/or a statement necklace. Long necklaces look great with sweater dresses.
5. Pair it with a skirt. Sure, it may be cold outside, but what’s more sexy than a bulky sweater and a short skirt?
For your session, pair the skirt with booties, and go with or without tights. But think about the last time those legs saw the sun… If it’s been a while, let’s just throw some tights on for good measure!
Think you’ve got the Sweater Look figured out? I asked my Instagram followers to show me their looks, and the winner that is featured today is…
Loving this chunky sweater with tan booties and over-sized glasses. Congrats Jessica! You are a fashionista!
She also reminds me that off the shoulder is totally hot, too. So, show a little skin this fall!