Despite the warm weather we’ve been having lately, I’ve already started buying my cold weather pieces, because Christmas is a state of mind, not a number on a thermostat, right? Well, I’m going to be bundled up in some cute photo shoots, even if I’m sweating my ass off. It’s just cuter that way. (Well, the looks, not the sweat!) I took a look around the interwebs for you ladies, and gathered some of my favorite winter accessories under $50 because, let’s face it- we may only get to wear it a handful of times this year. (Oh, Tallahassee, and your unpredictable winters.) Let’s get to it!
Fashion Friday | Winter Accessories & Outerwear Under $50
- Let’s start with the Poncho. I love poncho’s with a tribal pattern or plaid, but I hate the plain ones. I know you can probably use the plain ones with more looks, but honestly, it looks too “old” for me. Ok, I may have one… but when I put it on, I feel old. Here’s an adorable boho poncho from Forever 21, and it’s less than $20. It may fall apart after 3 washes, but just take care of it, and pray that it won’t. Worst case scenario, you have to buy another one. It’s STILL under $50 for two, lol!
- Hats! Yes, I have yet to buy my winter, burgundy (excuse me, I mean Marsala), but I haven’t found one that I loved that didn’t cost an arm and a leg… until now, and coming in at $17, yes, please! (Technically, this hat is called an oversized Fedora, but I need one of those, too, so two birds, right?)
- Slouchy Beanies. Different than hats, and I adore slouchy beanies! Definitely a must have for camping trips, and hikes through the woods. This one is from Nordstrom’s, believe it or not, and comes in right under $25. It also comes in 4 colors- beige, black, charcoal grey, and Marsala. Which color would you pick? I’m leaning towards the beige.
- Blanket Scarves. I love blanket scarves for sitting by a campfire, wrapping yourself up in a cozy blanket scarf, and getting mesmerized by the fire. It’s one of my favorite things about winter. Campfire sing-a-longs, solving the worlds problems, and staring into the dancing flames for what seems like forever. This blanket scarf will ultimately make you look super cool while doing all that.
- Lace-up Boots. It’s the perfect time for these, and sometimes, I just feel a little moto and a little country mixed into one. So these plaid lined Rock & Candy’s Combat Boot is the perfect combination. They’re on sale right now, too, at Nordstroms, for just under $40. Can’t beat that!
What’s your favorite? I think I need more hats in my life. Definitely need more hats. What about you? Leave a comment below telling me what your favorite winter accessory is going to be this year. I’m always looking for an excuse to go shopping!
Want to sign up for a monthly newsletter to get awesome freebies, photography specials, and exclusive discounts for subscribers? Great! Click here to sign up for the AHP newsletter, and let me say hey from time to time!