Open your closet, and stare. You are prepping for your session, and you have nothing to wear. (Even though your closet is stuffed full of clothes. Hey- I get it. I go through it every morning.) So, what do you do? Well, you could have your clothes styled by an awesome boutique like Spriggs or Henri Girl (like my clients do), OR you can go through your closet one more time for some classic looks.
- Jeans and a flowy top. This is a classic. Women have been wearing jeans since the ’40’s and it’s just one of those things that will ALWAYS be around. Now, cut, color, waist height, etc. this is all going to be dependent of a trend. However, if you wear something that is subtle in all of these areas, you should be good for at least 20 years. And the flowy top is always going to be in style. It’s flattering, but not hiding too much. Just remember, for a photographs sake- if something if flowy on top, it needs to be tight on the bottom, and vice versa.
- Maxi Dress. It’s been around since the ’70’s, and still has a place in the fashion world today, so I think it’s pretty safe to say it’s going to be a classic look. Stick to a solid color or small pattern, to keep it trendy through the years, though. You don’t want to date it with giant orange and avocado flowers all over it.
- Play dress up. A fancy cocktail dress will always be in style. Clean lines with little special details will keep it classic.
- Summer dresses. Nothing is cuter than a cute little spaghetti strapped summer dress with sandals or boots. Because of where we live, this adorable little numbers won’t be leaving our closets, like ever.
- You’re favorite outfit. You know the one. The one that makes you feel boss. Mine is a flannel shirt, leggings, and booties. Because, just because you need some classic looks to last you through the years of looking at your HS portraits, it doesn’t mean you can’t throw some time pieces in there that you absolutely love. It will keep the memory alive!