It’s the day before your session, and your staring in the mirror, wondering what to do to prep for the big session tomorrow. Well, here are 5 top secret model tips to flawless skin for your session. It will make you less stressed and your face will look fresh as a summer day (whatever that means)!
1. Avoid the urge to get a heavy duty cleaner. The last thing you want to do is over do it and show up with an over dried, red face. Look for cleaners with natural ingredients like sage and milk. I like Purity by Philosophy (you can find it at Sephora for $23). It contains sage, chamomile and even carrot!
2. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!!! For those of you who don’t know me, I worked for a few years in the cosmetics world. It taught me a TON about skin care, and if I took nothing else away from that experience, it was to keep your skin HYDRATED!
I know that oily skin and combination skin (that’s me!) are hesitant to use it, but if you can find a moisturizing gel, your golden. Think of it this way- your skin produces oil because it thinks it needs more hydration. If you provide that hydration (with your moisturizing gel), then it will know it won’t need to produce so much. Trust me on this!
I like Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion or the DDM Gel. (I’ve been using it since I was 14!)
3. Don’t attempt to self tan prior to your session. Let me repeat that: DO NOT self tan prior to your session! You will look orange, no matter how even or light you applied it. Cameras pick up on the slightest tint of orange and enhance it, so it’s best to showcase your natural skin tone!
As one of my Senior clients, you get a makeup artist with your session, and they will work their magic on you to make sure you look your best, so don’t worry about trying to tan yourself before! (Pretty please! No serious. Promise me you won’t!)
4. Don’t forget your lips! With the weather in Tallahassee as it is, hot, cold, warm, cold, cool, cold (well, you get it), our lips take a beating, and we don’t even realize it! Take a little extra care the night before to do a little sugar scrub on those puppies, and top it off with some nourishing lip balm. I like the Super Nourishing Lip Balm from Sephora. It’s got Vitamin E and Shea Butter in it, so I’m giving it a thumbs up!
5. Get some well deserved shut eye. I know you want to finalize your outfit selections, and make sure you have all your accessories ready to go, and the excitement is unbearable, but 8 hours can go a long way. Get some sleep, and your non-puffy face will thank you in the morning!
6. H2O (I know I said 5, but this one is a must!) When I found out I was preggers with the Bean, the one theme that popped up all over the internet was to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Ever since then, I’ve been drinking at least 4 bottles a day, and my skin couldn’t be happier! Much like the moisturizer, your skin yearns for water, and a healthy hydrated skin will glow in your photos!
There you have it!
5 6 Secrets to Flawless Skin. Now, go drink a bottle of water, and get some rest!
Afraid you’re going to miss out on more awesome secrets? Sign up for email updates so you are prepared for your next photo shoot!